Apple iPod Nano 3rd gen 8GB
  • My wife gave me a new silver iPod Nano last Christmas, and I love it

• by Steve Swift

My wife gave me a new silver iPod Nano last Christmas, and I love it. I can load it up with movies for flights, and not have to worry about whatever awful movie is showing on the plane.

It’s so small and light, but the screen resolution and pictures is so clear, it’s incredible.

Since I got the 8GB

model, I can have several hundred songs, and a half-dozen movies on it, perfect for whenever boredom strikes.

Also, you can put photos on it, set up the calendar and contacts, and even play games.

(it ships with three games, iQuiz, Klondike, and Vortex, you can buy more from the iTunes music store) Battery life is good, although ...

• this is the first iPod I’ve owned that has video capabilities, I’ve been pleasantly surprised, I have to charge it about once every three days when just listening to music but watching a couple hours of video will drain the batteries.

At roughly $200, this iPod can do things that the higher-end iPods can do, just not as

much.

The screen, though wonderfully sharp, is smaller than those on its bigger siblings, and the 8GB flash drive is a little short on storage space.

I’d like to be able to keep more movies and TV shows on it without sacrificing my music.

More room would be nice, if Apple has plans for a 16GB anytime soon, I’ll take one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162703324530131/k2311a0327/3.27.08