SPRINT
0.5
  • Because he left and I was on the go with three kids, I decided it was time to get a cell phone
  • There was a deposit which I paid and the activiation fee, which I wasn't happy about but figured it'd be the same everywhere
  • I found out later that they failed to give me a military discount even though I qualified for it, and they charged a really HIGH fee
  • At first I thought that my husband must have forgotten to pay the bill, but when I asked him, he said he did
  • Never use them, you will regret it if you do

• by J.R.Lewis

I hate Sprint.

This company seriously screwed me and my family. When we lived on Fort Bragg, in North Carolina, my husband deployed to Korea. Because he left and I was on the go with three kids, I decided it was time to get a cell phone.

I went to Sprint, our landline provider, and signed up. There was a deposit which I paid and the activiation fee, which I wasn’t happy about but figured it’d be the same everywhere.

They didn’t show me how to work the phone, the first one they gave me had a battery that refused to charge so I had to take the damn thing back and exchange it. It took three days to actually have the phone working.

I found out later that they failed to give me a military discount even though I qualified for it, and they charged a really HIGH fee. Other companies wouldn’t have charged as much! But, I was locked into a contract for a year and I thought… well, it’s done now, can’t do anything about it.

Once I had a phone that would hold a charge, it wasn’t a bad phone. It didn’t get great recieption on post, which was bad, since that’s where I was most of the time. It did get really great receiption when I’d go to visit my Mom in another state. Pity that I couldn’t get

that when I was at home–which I was most of the time.

What really pissed me off with this company was this. When my husband returned after his deployment, he got another phone with them, signed a contract too. He liked his phone. He went with them because we could call each other and it wouldn’t charge us.

My contract was up so I went to the month to month plan, not wanting to sign another. I figured I’d keep the phone until he finished his contract at least.

In Sept, I had major surgery. I was in the hospital and was put out of commision for two months. My husband, who didn’t usually pay the bills, did that month. While in the hospital still, I tried to use my cell and it was off. I was mad.

At first I thought that my husband must have forgotten to pay the bill, but when I asked him, he said he did. Come to find out, he accidently paid on HIS phone twice! He had somehow presented them with the wrong number/card/account number?!

So, he tried to fix the error. He went to the store he paid it at and they said that he needed to have it in writing that I wanted him to pay my bill. He was like, are you kidding me? She’s in the hospital. They were adamant so he came and ...

• I wrote that out for him. Then, they said that he need to talk to corporate. He did. Corporate said that he needed to fax a copy of the reciepts, what I had written out, and the bills to them.

He was becoming pissed fast. He said, “Are you kidding me? I paid this at one of your Sprint stores, can’t they just send you this via email or something? I’ve got other things that I need to do. This is a waste of my time! We need our other phone on. I can’t believe it was turned off!” They didn’t care. He had to jump through hoops to get that stuff sent to them. Which is pretty stupid considering that the person he was talking to actually had the payment screen in front of them, could see the payments, but wanted him to do that anyhow.

He did. They still didn’t turn the phone on. Me, still in the hospital, had to way to call and talk to my family in other states because it was long distance. I could hardly go and battle them in the state I was in. My poor husband was trying to take care of our kids, work, keep the household, and baby me when he could. He was running through himself, near the breaking point.

This company did not care about our situation. They made

things more than difficult. We had NEVER been late, never had any payment problems, and they were just plain mean and hateful.

I was so pissed about the situation, when I DID get out of the hospital and recovered enough to drive, I drove to the store and yelled at them for being idiots. I canceled my contract, told all my friends how much they sucked, and vowed I’d never deal with that company in any form or shape.

They DID finally put the payment on my phone from his, but by that time, it didn’t matter. I was at home. I could use my home phone to call my distant family. I called and told them to cut off my phone on the next month, that I did not want their service anymore.

I have worked many places, with many people, volunteered my services to my community and on post, and I have spread the message of how I hate Sprint. They are not worth gum stuck to the bottom of a student’s desk.

They are rude, crude, unorganized hateful idiots who care so little about their customers, they shouldn’t have ANY. They’ll never get me again!

I have talked MANY people from making the mistake I did. Sprint sucks! Sucks sucks SUCKS! Never use them, you will regret it if you do. There simply is NOT a worse cell company EVER. Anywhere!

Sprint BLOWS.

SPRINT

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 222503324061231/k2311a0325/3.25.08