Wheeling Island Racetrack Hotel  » Hotels  »
Wheeling WVA
  • Although many hotels have nice decor, I find the attention to detail is what determines how much I enjoy my stay
  • I thought it was a bonus in that they all spoke English
  • Overall, I was very pleased with my stay at the hotel and would recommend it to others

• by cdandrea

I spent a weekend at the Wheeling Island Racetrack Hotel and my overall stay was wonderful. Its nice decor and attentive employees made me feel as if I were in a small Inn rather than a large hotel. And although the point of staying in the hotel is for convenience to the casino and racetrack, I could have easily spent the weekend in my room just recharging my batteries.

I enjoy my stay. And, although the rooms at Wheeling Island were really nothing special, I loved the adjustable-arm magnifying mirror and the extra-wide counters in the bathroom. I had no trouble sleeping at night, as the temperature control unit in the room worked well and the bed was extremely comfortable - with the softest pillows ever. The attention to detail was also evident in the bathroom sink. With its clear glass, modern shape and unique design, it was probably the coolest fixture I ...

• have ever seen in a hotel!

The maids were very sweet - they acted more like nurturing aunts than tired, paid employees. They made me feel like I was visiting a relative rather than a large hotel and when they spoke to me, they called me by my name. I thought it was a bonus in that they all spoke English!

At first glance, the room service menu seemed pretty standard. However, I usually order a continental breakfast and it was notably lacking

on their menu. So, I ordered toast my first morning and when it was delivered, it contained just that - toast. I had to call again to order butter, a selection of jellies and a glass of ice water. The second morning, I was prepared and made sure my order was very specific.

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay at the hotel and would recommend it to others. I felt comfortable, welcome and safe and won’t hesitate to stay there again in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22503324011231/k2311a0325/3.25.08