HP w2007 Monitor
  • The monitor also has built-in speakers, but the sound is very tinny at best and I recommend you use other external speakers for better sound

• by J.C. Nash

I needed a second monitor to connect to my laptop for work and had a multitude of sizes and resolutions to choose from. However, when I saw the 20-inch HP W2007 LCD, I was dazzled by its sharp image quality and attractive design.

The monitor is well designed in a black, glossy frame with a gray trim and

a base that doubles as a keyboard dock which is a real space saver on my desk.

The monitor has a limited range of adjustment, only allowing for a slightly upward tilt, which was adequate for my workspace.

Because I am using it as a second monitor to my laptop, I have it connected to the VGA port,

• which really is more than adequate for display resolution.

The picture is very crisp and easy on the eyes.

The monitor also has built-in speakers, but the sound is very tinny at best and I recommend you use other external speakers for better sound.

HP included “My Display” software for fine-tuning of video adjustments, but I could not

get this to load properly and work with my video card.

Despite this, I am still able to make appropriate adjustments in resolution, contrast, and color using the external buttons on the monitor itself.

Overall, I believe HP has made an outstanding 20-inch LCD in the w2007 and I highly recommend it for all types of computing and media applications.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 332503323621131/k2311a0325/3.25.08