Physicians Formula ‘Talc-free Mineral Wear’ loose powder  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I have extremely sensitive skin, and although I love the natural and flawless look that a good foundation gives, I have been cursed with bad facial reactions like rashes and redness to some of the good stuff
  • I decided to try Physicians Formula because the brand itself is really quite well known for producing quality and affordable 'professional' products
  • However, I found with Physicians Formula that, although it went on smoothly, it was not as smooth as 'Bare Naturale' had been
  • Although this is a nice product and acceptable for on-the-go days, I think in hindsight I would have spent my money on another pot of 'Bare Naturale'
  • Although the pot is a lot smaller and more expensive, I believe that it was definitely the superior product

• by MissKitten

I have extremely sensitive skin, and although I love the natural and flawless look that a good foundation gives, I have been cursed with bad facial reactions like rashes and redness to some of the good stuff.

When mineral wear came on the market I was eager to give it a go, because the mineral powders are meant to be quite friendly for sensitive skin and also gentle enough to use every day, even gentle enough to not be harming if left on overnight!

I decided to try Physicians Formula because the brand itself is really quite well known for producing quality and affordable ‘professional’ products.

Because I am quite fair, and like a glowing natural look, I chose the powder in ‘Translucent Light’, a very natural looking light colour for pale skin. The powder is also talc-free, which I had heard was even more beneficial for sensitive skin like mine. The thing I loved when I picked up this was that it is a very generous pack filled with a lot more powder than many other brands include for a higher price. It also included a built in powder brush for even application of the powder, as well as a bonus concealer made of mineral water! Overall ...

• a very enticing package that was extremely well-priced.

My opinion of the product dulled slightly when I tried it, though. I had previously been using L’Oreal’s ‘Bare Naturale’ mineral powder, which I’d been absolutely over the moon with; light but not overbearing with a coverage full enough to be expected from a much heavier foundation. However, I found with Physicians Formula that, although it went on smoothly, it was not as smooth as ‘Bare Naturale’ had been. Although the finish was acceptable, it was not flawless and glowing as I had expected from it. It simply didn’t have as much coverage as

I had expected. Also, my skin seems to not like it very much, and it seems to be a bit rougher and rashier than it had been, leading me to believe I’ve had a very mild reaction to it.

Although this is a nice product and acceptable for on-the-go days, I think in hindsight I would have spent my money on another pot of ‘Bare Naturale’. Although the pot is a lot smaller and more expensive, I believe that it was definitely the superior product. On the plus side, though, the bonus mineral water concealer is an absolute gem on those rare breakout days.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312503323530531/k2311a0325/3.25.08