Zales Jewelers  » Jewelry  »
1.5
Panama City, FL
  • I am a housewife, 65 years old and I found a rough spot on one of the prongs

• by Marilyn Kamann

January 2, 2001 I purchased an anniversary ring with 30 diamonds from Zales in Panama City, FL. I purchased it on sale for $399.

I am a housewife, 65 years old and I found a rough spot on one of the prongs.

I took the ring to Zales and they said I needed the prongs replaced, they were worn down.

I didn’t

want to lose a diamond so I agreed to the price of $200 to replace ten prongs.

After returning home (a 75 mile round trip)I got to thinking about this and I feel the ring should have lasted longer with the wear I have given it.

Seven years is not a long time for a ring to be used.

I have had two diamond ...

• engagement rings and wore one for 40 years and never had to replace anything on it, I feel this ring should have lasted more than seven years.

I was given a pickup date for my ring, since gas is so expensive I planned on several errands for the same day.

When I arrived on the date specified, I found my ring wasn’t ready, hadn’t been

started.

I asked for the manager and was told he was off that day.

The clerk went to see the repair man and he was also off, sick children or something.

I should have been notified the ring wasn’t ready, now I have to wait for a phone call and make another trip.

I am not a happy camper!! I expected more from Zales.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 452403323080331/k2311a0324/3.24.08