Jumper (2008)
2.0
  • When I learned that the movie, Jumper, is showing on the big screen, I was quick to rush to the cinema the next day to stand in line to watch it
  • I wasn't surprised when I saw a long queue on the first theatre I went to, so I decided to go to another
  • I bought popcorn and soft drinks and anticipated to see a good film
  • All the best parts of the movie come early, as it explains what a jumper is, and how it started
  • The movie possessed an interesting concept, stunning effects and good cinematography

• by Project Wicked

When I learned that the movie, Jumper, is showing on the big screen, I was quick to rush to the cinema the next day to stand in line to watch it. I wasn’t surprised when I saw a long queue on the first theatre I went to, so I decided to go to another. I bought popcorn and soft drinks and anticipated to see a good film. To my surprise, it wasn’t what I expected it would be.

The story took

place in Michigan, where a likeable high-school loser, David Rice, discovered that he has the ability to teleport from one place to another. He does this on reflex, so he tried to learn how to focus and control this ability. Before long, he grew up to be a materialistic slacker, played by Hayden Christensen, and he has been jumping in and out of bank vaults, to Egypt, to Tokyo, and wherever he dares go. So that’s the back story.

Anyone who ...

• has the imagination to dream of being in two places at one time could’ve written the story better. I could have. They spent so much money on the special effects that they seemed to have forgotten to finish the script. It felt like the movie was rushed. There was no character development or a character that is engaging. All the best parts of the movie come early, as it explains what a jumper is, and how it started. When all
        the pieces came together, that’s when the movie fell apart. I didn’t feel any depth to the story. My interest in the movie deteriorated as the movie progressed.

The movie possessed an interesting concept, stunning effects and good cinematography. If not for those three factors, I would’ve walked out of the cinema. Well, the film is not really that bad, but, the lack of substance in the story kind of bored me. It gave me the feeling of “Is that all?”

Jumper (2008)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112403322930331/k2311a0324/3.24.08