Virgin Blue Domestic Airline  » Airlines  »
1.5
  • I frequently fly with Virgin Blue Airlines and have never had a problem, but I feel compelled to review an appauling experience I had with them recently while flying from Melbourne to Adelaide return
  • They were quite sarcastic and stated there was nothing they could do, but if I paid a $50 fee, I could be put on the next flight
  • Unfortunately, they were unsympathetic of my situation and I needed to pay the money to even get on another flight

• by MissKitten

I frequently fly with Virgin Blue Airlines and have never had a problem, but I feel compelled to review an appauling experience I had with them recently while flying from Melbourne to Adelaide return.

I had no trouble booking the flight, which was easy to do online. However, about two hours before my flight was scheduled to leave I received a phone call saying that my flight had been cancelled, and I needed to join another flight, either in an hours

time or one that left several hours after the flight I had picked. I needed to consult with the person I was visiting and, after she urged me to get the early flight, I called the person back, only to be told that the earlier flight was sold out and I’d need to take the later one.

Upset, I grudgingly showed up hours and hours later. The flight went off without a hitch, was comfortable, and the attentants ...

• thanked me profusively for my forgiveness on the matter.

Everything went fine until it was time to leave. The line to check in was quite long and I was waiting in it for about half an hour. I reached the desk to check in and the attendant informed me that I had missed the deadline for check in of my flight by 4 minutes. They LITERALLY told me I was 4 minutes late to check in, despite being in

the line for over a half hour waiting. They were quite sarcastic and stated there was nothing they could do, but if I paid a $50 fee, I could be put on the next flight.

Unfortunately, they were unsympathetic of my situation and I needed to pay the money to even get on another flight. As I said previously, I’ve flown with Virgin many times, but I’ve never had this much trouble with them! Would proceed on this Airline with caution.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402403322800331/k2311a0324/3.24.08