Movie The Little Polar Bear  » Movies  »
  • But, after seeing it, I will say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be
  • While not a great movie, this was definitely a cute one

• by Steve

I sat down to watch the movie The Little Polar Bear with my daughter last night and, I’ll admit it, I really wasn’t expecting it to be very good. But, after seeing it, I will say it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would

be.

The movie focuses on the friendship between a young Polar Bear (named Lars) and a baby seal; which, of course, normally would be considered his food. As friends, they face scrutiny from both the Polar Bear families and the seal families but eventually overcome that only to face other challenges.

I’m not sure which was the bigger adventure, Lars becoming stranded on a chunk of ice and floating all the way to Africa or the animals having to take on a “monster (which was actually a mechanized fishing boat) that was ...

• Movie The Little Polar Bear
      taking away their food supply. The final battle with the monster is a bit confusing at times and it never really explains where the ship came from, but it didn’t take too much away from the film.

While not a great movie, this was definitely a

cute one. Adults probably won’t enjoy it much, but I’m sure, if you have younger children, they will be entertained by it. For her part, my daughter didn’t move throughout the entire film. And, a movie really has to be good to keep her attention that long.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112103322011131/k2311a0321/3.21.08