DIVERTICULOSIS VS DIVERTICULITIS  » Health  »
  • That would have been the diverticulosis stage of his problem

• by covenly1
      In my family, right now, a relative has been hospitalized for diverticulitis, and is in acute pain. It is important to know the symptoms and what to NOT accept as a diagnosis! My relative had severe abdominal pain and back pain, but, a full time job, and it was the Christmas Holiday season, so, he tried to just tough it out. Then, it was the New Year’s Season, and he tried to tough it out. But, finally, he collapsed at work. Taken to the hospital, the doctor diagnosed my nephew as having appendicitis.

The surgeon arrived to operate. Once the surgeon checked my nephew, he realized my nephew didn’t have appendicitis, so, my nephew went home. THAT was a bad decision. The hospital, upon

hearing that he wasn’t getting any better, had him come in for tests.

Then, they discovered that polyps had burst in his colon. Now, had the colon polyps been identified in time, his treatment could well have been only medication to help him become well. That would have been the diverticulosis stage of his problem. Once the polyps had erupted, infection flooded through his system, causing severe (even worse) pain, and extremely scary results.

Once this happens, gangrene easily sets in, people often die, infection is totally throughout the body. NOthing more can be done for my nephew until the infection is ‘cured’. If/when the infection is gone, then, and only then, can the doctors proceed to the next step. The next step is ...

• really going to be hard on my nephew, as it includes removing part of the colon.

This is the diverticulitis. (itis meaning infection). My nephew is the fisherman, hunter of the County! He wins tournament after tournament in fishing, and has always been the Great Outdoor’s Person. We live on the ocean, and rivers and mountains surround us, here, in the Giant Sequoia Redwood Country of California.

My nephew works at a sports store, giving hints to those who do not find fishing as such a natural event as my nephew does. His entire life has been hiking and fishing, living outdoors as often as humanly possible. I fear his entire life style may NEED to change, by the time this horrible infection

is taken care of. Know the difference……….

because it can save your life. One is BEFORE the polyps actually burst. One is after, and THAT is life threatening! Go to the doctor when you have pain that is telling you that something is totally WRONG in your body! That is why we have pain…. to alert us to our problems.

No one knows your body as well as you do. You KNOW when something is terribly wrong, and you must not let any doctor or anyone else convince you to just go home and pain such as my nephew was enduring, will just go away. Trust yourself. Understand the difference between these two colon problems.

Catch the problem in the early stages, and stay healthy!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34190132160531/k2311a0119/1.19.06