Maytag MFI2568AES Refrigerator  » Housewares  »
  • Although I like the refrigerator, it has some quirks
  • I think that is coming from the water line in the refrigerator
  • I call the dealer who I bought it from and he didn't know
  • It is a better use of top space, in my opinion
  • We paid a bit over $1300 for it and I thought that was a reasonable price

• by amandafishy

My other Maytag lasted what seemed like a lifetime and I wanted another Maytag.

Although I like the refrigerator, it has some quirks. There are 2 spots in the of the refrigerator that have cold spots where things will freeze… I’ve set the inside temperature up 2 degrees and this does help. The crisper draw seems to be vulnerable and also where the milk and juice is stored. Then I have slushy juice and semi solid milk or frozen veggies No where else, just those 2 places. The plastic sealing cushion on the one refrigerator door seems to be warped. I really don’t know if I am getting a tight seal or not.

The French doors are very pretty and I like that way the fridge looks in my kitchen. It has a stainless finish and is easy to keep clean and fits easily with my décor. This fridge has a water and ice dispenser on the door and I really wanted that. After having it on my

other fridge, I would be hard to live without it. One thing I did notice, even though there is a filter on the water line, is that the water will appear to have little pieces of “crud” floating in it. I think that is coming from the water line in the refrigerator. I never have that in the water from the sink tap. I call the dealer who I bought it from and he didn’t know. Then I called Maytag and they are just pistols to deal with. Their mission statement must read “try to do the least possible in shortest time possible”. So I never got an answer. This fridge doesn’t hold as much ice as my other one did but we never did use all that ice anyway. I love the freezer on the bottom. It seems like there is extra room with the French doors as opposed to the side by side. Since I am not in the freezer that often, it is ...

• better located at the bottom anyway. It is a better use of top space, in my opinion.

The shelves move around nicely. I can put things where I want them to as opposed to where the manufacturer puts them. The shelves don’t all liquids to leak off of them and down the walls of the fridge. All you do is pull out the shelf and wipe them off. I like the 2 gallon storage in the door. Otherwise I am always putting things on a shelf and that really consume a lot of room. The inside of the fridge is well lit and it is easy to find things. Even the freeze part of it is easy to find things.

The deli drawer is supposed to keep your food fresher. I don’t believe it does. I put some sandwich meat in the deli drawer it got funny in about the same amount of time my old fridge did. Sometimes I think that manufacturers try to lure

you in with new systems and bla, bla. . . but I that never seen any written proof and how much can you actually believe.

We purchased the fridge from a local appliance dealer in town and he was nice enough to tell us that the computer systems in the thing like to fail. We almost didn’t purchase the fridge. We have had it now about 4 months and it is working almost just fine and it is energy efficient. There is only one stupid thing. This fridge is a bit bigger than my old one and while walking in to the kitchen I accidentally kicked the plastic “dust keeper” at the bottom. I broke that right out of its clip. To replace the darn thing would have been lots of money so I hauled out the gorilla glue and the hot glue gun. It is fixed now for the duration and will never come off.

We paid a bit over $1300 for it and I thought that was a reasonable price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531803321190931/k2311a0318/3.18.08