St Tropez Self Tanning Lotion  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I have to be careful when it comes to sunbathing as I had skin cancer about 20 years ago, so I like to try self tanning products that give me a little tan without the sun burn
  • I don´t like spending a lot of money on cosmetics but I heard great reviews on this product so I decided to treat myself
  • The cream itself has a pleasant smell, more aromatic than chemical and had a creamy brown colour and thick texture, I found it easy to apply keeping in mind to be careful around the knees and ankles, I found it took quite a while to dry before I could my clothes back on
  • I think maybe I didn´t wait long enough before I got dressed, I also find it difficult to know if I have put it on evenly enough when you don´t see the results straight away
  • I´m glad I tried it but I prefer to put on a fake tan that you can see straight away and washes off when you want it to

• by Nevaeh

Priced around 20 pounds sterling, it pays to shop around, you can purchase this in Boots but you may be able to pick this up cheaper on line.

I have to be careful when it comes to sunbathing as I had skin cancer about 20 years ago, so I like to try self tanning products that give me a little tan without the sun burn!

I don´t like spending a lot of money on cosmetics but I heard great reviews on this product so I decided to treat myself.

It comes with step by step instructions, exfoiliate, remove hair a

day before etc which I did, I do think though, that it should supply gloves because however much I washed my hands it looked like I´d applied Henna on them the the next day.

The cream itself has a pleasant smell, more aromatic than chemical and had a creamy brown colour and thick texture, I found it easy to apply keeping in mind to be careful around the knees and ankles, I found it took quite a while to dry before I could my clothes back on.

The next day I had a shower, the base of the shower ...

• was brown with the excess lotion. I was quite pleased with the colour of the tan it was golden not orangey but I had a few patches of dark here and there not just around the ankles and knees but on my legs and arms and a bit on my stomach, it looked like a skin pigmentation. I think maybe I didn´t wait long enough before I got dressed, I also find it difficult to know if I have put it on evenly enough when you don´t see the results straight away.

My bed the next

day was stained by the lotion but luckily it washed out, still not desirable though!

I only used it once, I couldn´t be bothered with the rigmarole I had to go through again.

The tan was OK for about 4 days then it started to look a lot more streaky in places.

I´m glad I tried it but I prefer to put on a fake tan that you can see straight away and washes off when you want it to.

For the price, I think it is quite expensive when there are equivalent products on the market that are cheaper and more effective.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311803320730831/k2311a0318/3.18.08