Star Trek: Generations (1994)  » Movies  »
  • Generations is, in my opinion, the best of the Star Trek movies
  • I love the way it blended the cast of the original series with that of Star Trek
  • I really enjoyed watching as Kirk and Picard work together as a team to save the universe from this crazed villain

• by Charles Brown

“Star Trek: Generations” is, in my opinion, the best of the Star Trek movies. I love the way it blended the cast of the original series with that of Star Trek: The Next Generation, even though they were 78 years apart in time.

The way they did this was very clever.

Both captains, Kirk and Picard, find themselves caught

up in a mysterious alternate reality known as the “Nexus” where time has no meaning, and all your dreams come true.

The captains meet up and join forces against the obsessed Dr.

Soren, (played by Malcolm McDowell), who is desperately trying to get back to the Nexus, even if it means destroying a planet in the process.

Having both ...

• my favorite Enterprise captains together in one movie was really a treat for me.

I really enjoyed watching as Kirk and Picard work together as a team to save the universe from this crazed villain.

Although I very much enjoyed seeing the characters of Scotty (James Doohan) and Chekov (Walter Koenig), I really wish they had somehow worked the

character of Spock (Leonard Nimoy) into the story.

He was a very important member of the original Enterprise crew.

I really felt his absence.

I enjoyed this movie to the fullest and it is now part of my movie collection, and it is one that I watch over and over and will continue to do so for many years to come.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111703320450531/k2311a0317/3.17.08