A Time To Kill by John Grisham  » Books  »
  • I don't think there has ever been another book that has affected me in the same way
  • I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a well-written southern tale

• by Charles Brown

It was not until I saw the movie, “The Client” that I became interested in reading books by John Grisham. The first one I read was his bestseller “A Time To Kill,” which was also adapted into a movie.

Since that time, I have

read this book at least five more times and have watched the movie countless times too.

John Grisham is truly a remarkable author and I have read almost every book he has published thus far.

“A Time To Kill” is by far my favorite.

It’s an incredible and heart-wrenching tale that takes place in Canton, Mississippi about a black man, (played by Samuel L.

Jackson in the movie), who takes his revenge on the two white rednecks who raped his little girl, and the young attorney (played by ...

• A Time To Kill by John Grisham
      Matthew McConaughey in the film), who does a spectacular job in defending him.

This movie touched me in a unique way.

I don’t think there has ever been another book that has affected me in the same way.

I am from the south and

I have met people who act the way those rednecks act in the story.

I have seen the racism that is rampant in the South, so I can relate well to the characters in the story.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a well-written southern tale.

A Time To Kill by John Grisham
contina says :

What type of gun was used by Samuels Jackson to shot the men who raped his dtr. in the movie?

John says :

He used a M16A1 rifle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171703320430431/k2311a0317/3.17.08