Kadri Temple Mangalore  » Travel  »
Mangalore
  • And stories suggest that the area was house of demons until Lord Shiva saved earth by destroying the demons
  • This holy pool is also a favorite of local kids who take a dip in it on a hot summer`s day just for fun
  • However, it is quiet dangerous to roam about alone in these parts, as locals report many thefts occuring in these parts

• by sakshi

Ever since I was a kid ,I would go to Mangalore during my summer holidays as my grand parents live in Mangalore. Mangalore is very humid during the summer season and it is impossible to survive if you donot have a fan or air conditioning in the house. My grand parents house is situated in an area called Kadri named after the temple ‘Kadri Temple’.

According

to me, Kadri Temple is a must see if you ever visit Mangalore. The temple is quite old.

As soon as you enter the temple you can smell sandalwood,KumKum and turmeric used to decorate the Shiva Linga. The temple is devoted to Lord Shiva.

And stories suggest that the area was house of demons until Lord Shiva saved earth by destroying the demons. There is a holy ...

• bath present near the temple.

The devotees go up the stairs and take a holy dip to rid themselves of sin. This holy pool is also a favorite of local kids who take a dip in it on a hot summer`s day just for fun.

You will observe a some stairs right in front of the temple. If you dare the explore a mini jungle

just near the temple, then I would suggest to climb the stairs.

As I walk through this mini jungle right in the middle of the city, I always forget all my tensions and worries. However, it is quiet dangerous to roam about alone in these parts, as locals report many thefts occuring in these parts.

The jungle opens to the Kadri Zoo and Kadri park which are delightful places to visit as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381703320290431/k2311a0317/3.17.08