Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2  » Software  »
  • After trying out the 30 day trial version of Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, I decided to buy the full version of the product for the PC
  • I found this image editing software very easy to navigate, the new features are incredibility impressive, while the helpful 'Learning Center' enables you to easily pick up on how the various tools and features work
  • I have had a good experience with Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, I mainly downloaded the trial so that I could make forum sigs and avatars, but since the program was so easy to use and effective, I decided to buy it
  • I suggest you save you work at regular intervals, because the program doesn't recover the files
  • It is not perfect, but for the price I paid, it does more than I could have asked for

• by Angeleyes

After trying out the 30 day trial version of Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, I decided to buy the full version of the product for the PC.

I found this image editing software very easy to navigate, the new features are incredibility impressive, while the helpful ‘Learning Center’ enables you to easily pick up on how the various tools and features work.

This an excellent program for amateurs in the field of graphics, or simply for people who want to learn a bit of professional image editing for personal use.

With ‘Express Lab’, you can adjust your photos to appear their best. You can crop, straighten, re-size and do all the things a regular image editing tool

does, but what separates this program from the others is the extra features available. The extra tools include - ‘One-Step Photo fix, ‘Smart Photo Fix’, ‘Perspective Correction’, ‘HDR Merge’, ‘One-Step Purple Fringe Removal’, ‘Digital Camera Noise Removal’ and ‘Depth of Field’.

Another good aspect of the program is the ‘Makeover Tool’, which you can apply cosmetic corrections to your images, you can ‘remove facial blemishes’, ‘whiten teeth’, ‘apply whitening eye-drops’, ‘apply a suntan’, ‘apply a thinning effect’, ‘remove facial wrinkles’ and ’smooth skin tone’.

You can also make images using PSP Tubes, plus there are image effects to try out like ‘Texture Effects’, ‘3D Effect’, ‘Illumination’ Effect’ and so on. You can add fancy frames, masks, borders ...

• to enhance your work. Various new PSP Tubes, Frames, Brushes, and Textures can be downloaded from the Internet, or you can make your own if you like.

I have had a good experience with Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, I mainly downloaded the trial so that I could make forum sigs and avatars, but since the program was so easy to use and effective, I decided to buy it. Though, I am still in the process of learning how to design graphics and work with image editing, PSP X2 makes the process all the more fun.

On the flip side, the software doesn’t work as smoothly on my PC, as I would like it too. It

requires a faster processor and also has the annoying habit of crashing while working with too many layers/images. I suggest you save you work at regular intervals, because the program doesn’t recover the files. Also, the saving process does take time.

Compared to other image editing software’s in the market, Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 is much more affordable. I got it at a discounted price, but it is best to order from the official online store, if you don’t want to pay the full charge for the program.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the product. It is not perfect, but for the price I paid, it does more than I could have asked for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 301703320270431/k2311a0317/3.17.08