Supreme Clean liquid laundry detergent
2.5
  • I am always looking for a bargain, so when I found Supreme Clean liquid laundry detergent on sale for just $1 CDN, I bought it
  • I have to admit this laundry detergent did smell amazing
  • I am not sure what Mountains smell like, but this detergent smelt like fresh flowers on a spring day to me, and I thought that was fabulous

• by Melissa Glenn

I am always looking for a bargain, so when I found Supreme Clean liquid laundry detergent on sale for just $1 CDN, I bought it. I much prefer liquid laundry detergent to the powdered variety, and this red jug of 32 fl. Oz or (946ml) said I would get eight loads of laundry from it. Can’t beat that for $1!

This sturdy red jug of laundry detergent has a yellow twist off top that doubles as a measuring

cup. Despite how small this measuring cup is, the information on the back of the laundry detergent said that one cup full would do a full load of heavily stained laundry, but that I would probably only need half a capful for regular loads.

I have to admit this laundry detergent did smell amazing. The label on the front of the jug boasted that Supreme Clean laundry detergent had a Mountain Scent. I am not sure what Mountains ...

• smell like, but this detergent smelt like fresh flowers on a spring day to me, and I thought that was fabulous.

What was not fabulous was how weak this laundry detergent is. I tried pouring half a capful into my regular load of laundry, no suds at all! I added another half cup, and only a tiny amount of suds appeared. Eventually it took two full capfuls to wash a regular load of laundry. Four times, what the

label said I would need.

I managed to do two regular loads of laundry from this one bottle of Supreme Clean laundry detergent, and while it did indeed get my clothes clean, it took so much product that it was a waste of my time. I would rather pay more for stronger detergent, than buy this weak stuff again, even if it is on sale for a $1. Supreme Clean is a Canadian product and is manufactured especially for Dollarama stores.

Neil says :

Supreme detergent, powder product
    It is a low-sudsing formula better suited to front-loaders (it claims to be a front -and- top loading powder).
    As with the liquid user, have had to use 2 to 3 times the stated dosage in a front-loader to get a good wash.
    So, while the packet-price is cheap, the per-wash cost comes out about the same as more expensive powder.
    Bottom line: it does the job, but there is no cost advantage.
    Not recommended for top-loaders…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531603319900831/k2311a0316/3.16.08