Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel Shave Cream  » Cosmetics  »
  • We received some cosmetic coupons in the mail including a $2 off the Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel Shave Cream, so I decided to buy it at my local drug store
  • I have long been a fan of Gillette products, and having just received the Gillette Fusion razor I thought it would be fun to have the corresponding shave cream
  • Although this is an interesting marketing ploy, I saw no reason for this gel to turn color
  • I have enjoyed using Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel, but I won't be buying it again

• by Melissa Glenn

We received some cosmetic coupons in the mail including a $2 off the Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel Shave Cream, so I decided to buy it at my local drug store. I have long been a fan of Gillette products, and having just received the Gillette Fusion razor I thought it would be fun to have the corresponding shave cream.

Gillette has really out done itself with its marketing campaign for Fusion products; this shave gel comes in a very bright orange 198gram

canister, with a clear orange pop top. The ad on the front of the aerosol can says this shaving cream is enriched with aloe and cocoa butter. Funnily enough, it smells very like Lever 2000 soap to me, which is another Gillette product.

This shaving cream (sold as a shave gel) does come out of the can like a thick hair gel. It felt really soft on my legs, and the odd thing was it came out blue but when I slathered ...

• it on my legs the cream turned white. Although this is an interesting marketing ploy, I saw no reason for this gel to turn color?

I have to say shaving with Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel left my legs very soft and smooth. This is a rich gel, it is easy to spread and I didn’t need a whole lot of it. What I could not get past was that there was absolutely no cocoa butter scent whatsoever, but I could feel the

aloe, in that it made my skin so soft.

I have enjoyed using Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel, but I won’t be buying it again. For one reason, this shave gel regularly sells for $5.99CDN which is a ridicules price to me and second, the scent is truly over powering. After using this product on my legs I could smell Lever 2000 soap all day, despite the fact I was wearing both deodorant and perfume. It’s not a bad product, but not spectacular either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311603319830831/k2311a0316/3.16.08