The Year Punk Broke 1991 movie  » Movies  »
  • I would consider it a fans-only kind of film, but as I used to be a big fan of both these bands I found it very interesting
  • This could be one of the best music documentaries I've ever seen, with the possible exception of Gimme Shelter with The Rolling Stones
  • What I don't like about the film is that it repeats some of the matters within Sonic Youth over and over, until finally it gets a bit boring

• by limonar
      A music documentary about the private lives of the members of Sonic Youth and partly Nirvana during their tour in 1991. I would consider it a fans-only kind of film, but as I used to be a big fan of

both these bands I found it very interesting. To see the members of Sonic Youth have a minor conflict backstage, and later go on and give an incredible performance was a strange thing for me. Not only does it show ...

• a truthful picture of the members, how they are as human beings, but it’s all nicely combined with a poetic imagery on stage and private interviews. This could be one of the best music documentaries I’ve ever seen, with the
        possible exception of Gimme Shelter with The Rolling Stones. What I don’t like about the film is that it repeats some of the matters within Sonic Youth over and over, until finally it gets a bit boring. However, very interesting for the fans!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11190131980131/k2311a0119/1.19.06