Legend (movie)  » Movies  »
  • While, overall, it wasn't a bad movie, I'm not sure if I was overly impressed by it either
  • The special effects aren't too bad considering this was made in the 1980s and the plot is definitely different
  • I think the reason I didn't really enjoy the movie as much as I thought I would is it tends to get a bit confusing at times
  • However, it isn't too bad of a film and one I would recommend watching if there's nothing better on TV

• by Steve

I had heard of the Tom Cruise film “Legend,” but I never got around to watching it until last night. While, overall, it wasn’t a bad movie, I’m not sure if I was overly impressed by it either.

Cruise plays a hermit who is called on to face the Prince of Darkness in an effort

to save the last two unicorns on Earth and the woman he loves (played by Mia Sara). The special effects aren’t too bad considering this was made in the 1980s and the plot is definitely different.

I think the reason I didn’t really enjoy the movie as much as I thought I would is it ...

• tends to get a bit confusing at times. My understanding is the film originally was 3 hours long and was cut down to about 90 minutes. If that’s the case, it definitely shows. I’m also not really sure who the Prince of Darkness is supposed to be. At first, I thought he was Satan.
        But, he kept talking to his father so I’m left wondering if maybe he was actually Satan’s son. I’m also confused about whether Cruise is supposed to be human in this movie or something else.

However, it isn’t too bad of a film and one I would recommend watching if there’s nothing better on TV.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111603319760831/k2311a0316/3.16.08