Strawberry Shortcake: Adventures on Ice Cream Island  » Movies  »
  • However, I will admit Adventures on Ice Cream Island is a decent DVD to rent if you want your daughter to be occupied for about 45 minutes
  • She watched it and then wanted to watch it three more times in a row

• by Steve

OK, prior to having a daughter, I didn’t even know Strawberry Shortcake had a cartoon series; let along episodes on DVD. However, I will admit Adventures on Ice Cream Island is a decent DVD to rent if you want your daughter to be occupied for about 45 minutes.

The DVD features two

episodes, both center around her pony friend (don’t ask me her name) and an Island that is made of ice cream and is home for other ponies. The first episode on the DVD is a bit stupid because it’s just an introduction to the island. But, the second one is a ...

• bit more entertaining because it features a horse thief (licorice whip) who kidnaps Strawberry’s friend and intends on using her in a horse show because she can talk and do tricks. And, of course, the girls have to rescue the pony before this happens.

While I personally wouldn’t sit down and watch

these on my own, my daughter absolutely loved this DVD. She watched it and then wanted to watch it three more times in a row. In fact, after watching it, she told me she wanted more Strawberry Shortcake movies. So, with that in mind, I can’t help but give this a high score.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111603319750831/k2311a0316/3.16.08