Marathon Park Wausau WI  » Travel  »
Wausau Wisconsin
  • I guess I would suggest to come to Marathon Park if you have kids

• by amandafishy

I really don’t know what to say. Marathon park is a nice place but it is not a “rural” park. It is almost in downtown Wausau. It is at the corner of Stewart Avenue and 17th Ave. The park is extremely large pine trees 100 plus feet tall and large enough around that I can’t get my arms around.

The camping spots are very close to one another and you are so close to your neighbor that you could probably hear them snore at night. Don’t get me wrong, the place is very pretty but it is really tight quarters. Stewart Avenue is within hearing distance. Stewart Ave. is a really heavily

traveled street in the city of Wausau and the cars go day and night. In addition, Highway 51 - 4 lane is less than a mile away.

One of the nice things about Marathon Park is that you are close to Wausau and which has restaurants and theaters and decent shopping. The Wausau Mall is about 10 minutes walking distance and is a really nice place to shop. Uptown Wausau during the summer there also little festival things going on so that is also another thing to do. Close to the park is the Marathon County Fairgrounds, so if you want to stay there during the Fair it is really handy because you are so ...

• close you are able to see the lights and smell the food.

During the summer Marathon Junction is open and that includes a little working train to drive the kids around and a restarant right next to the train. There is also a kiddie water pool. It is an extremely shallow pool with an umbrella spraying water and turles to sit on in the pool and everything a little kid could want. I do not believe there are any showers, but there are fairly decent bathrooms at the park.

The Marathon County University is on the premises also. So there are a lot of things within a very small area. I guess, though the park

is not for me it is not a bad park. For anyone with children is probably a wealth of things to do. If you want to get some necessity, there are 2 grocery stores within walking distance. There is also a wealth of convenience for the traveler. You name it it is not far away.

I guess I would suggest to come to Marathon Park if you have kids. The Park is fully enclosed with a fence so kids can’t wander away. It is well kept and clean. For convenience I would rate it a 10 for seclusion a 1, but different people want different things. All in all it is a nice place.

Jennifer says :

Can you rent the splash pad for birthday parties? How much does it cost to rent a pavilion for a birthday party?

janice grosskopf says :

Do you have an area in the park where people can purchase a Memorial stone or plaque to be placed in the park?

amandafishy replies :

I ready don`t know if you can rent the splash pad. My guess is no. I have never seen anything that you can purchase a memorial stone, but then again I never looked

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381603319560731/k2311a0316/3.16.08