Rhapsody of the Seas  » Cruises/Ferries  »
  • I have cruised enough now that I know what to pick and the Rhapsody is just magnificent The ship is massive
  • The first thing that I noticed were all the balconies on the ship
  • I prefer everything to be clean and in working order rather than be large
  • The balcony was icing on the cake for the extra cash, I would recommend it
  • The wait people in the dining rooms were the best

• by amandafishy

If you like to be spoiled and attended to hand and foot, this is the cruise ship to be on. I have cruised enough now that I know what to pick and the Rhapsody is just magnificent The ship is massive. Apparently there are 10 or 12 levels on the ship you would have to see it to visualize it’s proportions see a picture would not be able to express the largeness of it. I imagined myself walking the decks with Leonardo Dicaprio on the Titanic.

There was nothing forgotten on this ship. The first thing that I noticed were all the balconies on the ship. I couldn’t even begin to count how many there were. We were in one of the rooms that had a balcony it was luxurious! The

central portion of the ship had fountains and lots of glass work, stained glass all you could tell was very expensive. You could go bonkers running around the ship for 2 days and not see everything or even know where to look for most of it. The central portion kind of reminds me of Opryland hotel with it’s pretty lounging area, warm, relaxing and inviting.

We had a “cabin attendant”. Each cabin attendant remade up the room it seemed, every time we left. One evening before we went to dinner, I sat and tried to reproduce one of the towel critters left behind. That is so cute! The Rhapsody is a bit more upper step than most so we found extras in the room like really rich pastries and once a small bottle of wine. Our room was really nice. The furniture was comfortable and although not new it was well taken care of. There was plenty of room to sit and lounge around. Our bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small, but adequate. I prefer everything to be clean and in working order rather than be large. The balcony was icing on the cake for the extra cash, I would recommend it. There is nothing like being out there is the fresh air when the weather is nice! They had the ship very nicely stabilized. I didn’t feel queezy the entire trip. What a waste if I did!

Our evening meals were always in the Edelweiss dining room where you could see out on the water while you ate. How ...

• Rhapsody of the Seas
      lovely that was! The menu included tenderloin, all kinds of shell fish, snails and I even got to try the caviar. The food was scrumptious and there was so much of it. The table settings were a mix of elegant and over the edge. You would have to be there to believe it all. The Windjammer where we did our lunches was a Cajun buffet. The food was spicy but eatable. The food was fresh, all the time. It too, had a view out on to the open water. There are little booths all over the ship serving hot dogs and burgers and all sorts of other things.

There are all sorts of bars on the ship, which I chose to stay away from. You can drink yourself broke aboard ship. The cost adds

up in a hurry and then you don’t have money for anything else. Another place to stay away from are the onboard casinos. That is another way to shoot money down a rat hole. There are 2 pools and 6 or 7 hot tubs, a gym and a jogging path.

The are a bunch of really nice jewelry stores on board, with reasonable prices too. Then of course there are the necessity shops for the people who have had their shampoos etc. taken from them at the airport by security! The service was incredible! The wait people in the dining rooms were “the best”. I was not intimidated by the ship because there was always someone there to help you.

If you can afford it, GO! Life is to short to miss something like this!

Lynton Doyle says :

Reviews indicate that one side of the ship is non- smoking. Which side `port or starboars

Marg says :

You can smoke outside, but not on balconies or in cabins. You can get the official smoking info here for Rhapsody of the Seas :

Jacqui Tracey says :

Did dining in the eidleweiss room cost extra or was that include in the cuise price? Did it get breezy on the deck at night? Did they have classes in the gym apart from spin - and did they cost extra Was there a karaoke bar? Could you process digital camera photos on the ship ie is there a film processing shop Is there a cinema and how current are the movies? Is there a juice bar ie fruit juice concoctions? Are there dress up theme nights- eg like pyjama party? Is there an internet cafe? We depart next week-dont know what to expect

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41603318821231/k2311a0316/3.16.08