Sausages with curry / Salchichas con curry  » Food  »
  • Saying that there are a few strange additions that must sell well over here, but has not quite made it with us boring meat and two veg English
  • Everytime I visit Lidels I kept seeing a packet of 3 large sausages in a plastic wrapper, they look like the German Brockwurster but even bigger and quiet a few times I´ve been tempted but then I notice it says con curry (with curry), slightly off putting to say the least, I just could not imagine a curried sausage
  • If they could make them less fattening I would have rated them a 10 For some reason, I must have left all sense at home because I decided to fling a pack in the trolley last night after not finding any of the little normal sausages we usually get to make Hot dogs
  • I put it in the microwave for 20 seconds, I prefer them hot and I thought I would try it without bread to see if I like them first, if not, I was going to give it to the dog, well the dog missed out I´m afraid
  • I found it really tasty, it didn´t have an aftertaste like some sausages do and had a good meaty texture, I wish I´d had a dollop of mustard on it now

• by Nevaeh

Salchichas con curry by Gebirgsjager 1.95 euros per pack of 3

I have been shopping at Lidels supermarket on a weekly basis for the last 9 months since I have moved over to Mallorca from England because I recognise a lot of their foods that they sell in England. Saying that there are a few strange additions that must sell well over here, but has not quite made it with us boring “meat and two veg” English.

wrapper, they look like the German Brockwurster but even bigger and quiet a few times I´ve been tempted but then I notice it says “con curry” (with curry), slightly off putting to say the least, I just could not imagine a curried sausage.

If they could make them less fattening I would have rated them a 10 For some reason, I must have left all sense at home because I decided to fling a pack in the trolley last night after not finding any of the little normal sausages we usually get to ...

• make “Hot dogs”.

Hey, believe it or not they´re really nice, no honestly, I am stuck in front of the computer writing this whilst eating my curried sausage!

I put it in the microwave for 20 seconds, I prefer them hot and I thought I would try it without bread to see if I like them first, if not, I was going to give it to the dog, well the dog missed out I´m afraid.

To be honest, I couldn´t taste the curry, not that I´m sorry, I´m quite glad really, they just tasted like

a normal giant German sausage that you usually use for hot dogs.

I found it really tasty, it didn´t have an aftertaste like some sausages do and had a good meaty texture, I wish I´d had a dollop of mustard on it now!

The downside is for me though, which I´ve just looked at the wrapper, is they are very calorific - 290 cals per 100g, 3 sausages weighing in at 540g, that means each sausage weighs 180g. Thats over 500 cals per sausage! Maybe I should have given it to the dog after all!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271403318240231/k2311a0314/3.14.08