Tokyo Joe’s Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
Lower Ground Floor, SM City Cebu, North Reclamation Area, Cebu City, Philippines
  • The ambiance at Tokyo Joe's is more casual compared to the traditional Japanese restaurant

• by Thadz

Most Japanese restaurants are set in a traditionally formal ambiance. It is probably one of the reasons why I did not frequent Japanese restaurants before.

Oh well, in the first place I never really had liked Japanese food except for their shrimp tempura.

Then I came across Tokyo Joe’s in SM City Cebu.

Tokyo Joe’s is a Japanese

restaurant but it is not your usual Japanese restaurant as Tokyo Joe’s has somehow blended western-influenced fastfood-style service.

The ambiance at Tokyo Joe’s is more casual compared to the traditional Japanese restaurant.

While they serve traditionally Japanese dishes, I somehow experienced a completely different taste compared to the food in traditional Japanese restaurants I have been to.

Now,

• that I frequent Tokyo Joe’s everytime I crave to satisfy my palate with Japanese food, my usual set of orders include a Pork Teppan Bento, one gohan(a bowl of plain rice), plain tempura(they also serve ebi tempura which is either flavored with cheese or barbecue sauce), and Tokyo Joe’s Squid Teriyaki.

For my drink, I always have bottomless

iced tea.

My girl usually orders their Chicken Teriyaki or the Chicken Yakitori, which is actually chicken meat slices on a barbecue stick.

She orders Mango Smooges for her drinks.

We also don’t use chopsticks and request for spoon and fork.

If it were in another Japanese restaurant, once you don’t use chopsticks, everybody would soon start looking at you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71403318140231/k2311a0314/3.14.08