The Garden (NR, 2006) movie  » Movies  »
  • Also, I think that it was a mistake to place Sean Young in this movie
  • For some reason, I found her presence to be distracting
  • I know that the father is supposed to have undergone some kind of spiritual brainwashing during the course of the movie
  • One major problem I had with this film is the way they ended up on the farmer's property

• by Famous

I was a little apprehensive about this film. It looks low-budget from the Netflix description. And none of the other reviews gave it a riveting description.

But I must admit that I liked the premise. And as the story went along, I was surprised at how much things seemed to “jive” despite the somewhat watery dialogue, scenery, and pacing.

Truly the one who

saves this film from complete and utter disaster is Lance Henriksen. He is creepy and believable in his role.

The child in this film, however had instances where his acting was good, and some where it was quite hokey. I liked that the film didn’t focus too much on gore.

But I wished that some of the religious threads were tied together a bit ...

• more cohesively. Also, I think that it was a mistake to place Sean Young in this movie.

For some reason, I found her presence to be distracting. And the father (portrayed by Brian Wimmer) was really not believable.

I know that the father is supposed to have undergone some kind of spiritual brainwashing during the course of the movie. But several things that

he says to his son just don’t jive with a man who’s concerned about his child’s well-being.

One major problem I had with this film is the way they ended up on the farmer’s property. So they have this car accident, and then they just decide to take up residence? I mean, who does that in real life? Anyway, watch this movie for its pure unadulterated guilty-pleasure-ridden appeal.

The Garden (NR, 2006) movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111303317330631/k2311a0313/3.13.08