Crystal Bar Parlor  » Restaurants  »
Savannah GA
  • We were on the Riverwalk, in Savannah GA and my son and I found this quaint little corner bar that looked just so inviting
  • Not too adventurous in our choices I know, but I wanted to get something that I knew I would like the taste of

• by robsmom

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

We were on the Riverwalk, in Savannah GA and my son and I found this quaint little corner bar that looked just so inviting. It was called the Crystal Bar Parlor, on Jones St Savannah GA. So we decided to go in have a cold beer and some lunch.

They greeted us at the door and we were seated in a leather covered booth near the bar. The waiter

told us that this place had been a speak easy in its earliest days of operation. There were old photographs that looked to be from the 1930’s or early 1940’s that were lining the walls. The bar was exceptionally beautiful, hard wood, shining to a tee. They even had antique brass spittoons in the corner.

Rob had ordered a steak and fries, and I order a house salad, since it was ...

• only lunch time. When we asked for a beer, they gave us a menu that had thirty different brands, we settled for Coors Light for me and Rob had a Miller Light. Not too adventurous in our choices I know, but I wanted to get something that I knew I would like the taste of.

The food was served promptly and Rob told me that his steak was done

to order, and the meal was good. I liked their house dressing, just enough spices to make it taste good. Our meal including our drinks came to around $30.00 which I considered reasonable. We were glad that we stumbled on this quaint Bar it was nice a place that the locals would go to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71303317220531/k2311a0313/3.13.08