Mercer Williams House Museum
Savannah GA
  • I particularly liked the living room area, I like antiques and it was nice to see some actually care about their preservation
  • We had a good time and would recommend this as an afternoon trip

• by robsmom

We were in Savannah GA several years ago and one afternoon we took a tour of the Mercer Williams House Museum, at 429 Bull St, Savannah GA. I talked my son into going here because it was the setting of the book and movie Midnight in the Garden of Good

and Evil and I wanted to see the place. The Museum was close to the hotel that we were staying in so we figured that it would be a good deal to take in this museum.

The Mercer Williams House was an excellent idea for an afternoon tour. Each ...

• room was superbly decorated in 18th and 19th century furnishings. You felt like you were actually walking in the past. The carpets were thick; although they had the many rooms corded off you could still see the furniture and settings. I particularly liked the living room area, I like
        antiques and it was nice to see some actually care about their preservation.

We stopped in the Carriage house and had to buy souvenirs, of course we purchased some Key Lime cookies and the Tupelo Raw honey. We had a good time and would recommend this as an afternoon trip.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591303317200531/k2311a0313/3.13.08