Samsung Alias Cell Phone  » Phones  »
  • They had phones on sale at the time I renewed so, I was able to get a really nice one for very little cost
  • It has many more options than I know how to use
  • I am not the best with keeping cell phones in good shape

• by mbowie

I am on a 2 year contract with Verizon Wireless. I get $100 towards a cell phone whenever I renew my contract. They had phones on sale at the time I renewed so, I was able to get a really nice one for very little cost. The one I chose is the Samsung Alias in black. I am not one of those that uses their cell phone constantly. So, I am not the savviest person when it comes to cellular phones. It has many more options than I know

how to use.

What I really like about it is that it flips two different ways. It opens like a regular flip phone and I can flip it open sideways. When it is opened sideways, it has a keyboard. I wanted a phone that would flip, like a normal flip phone, and one that had the keyboard feature. I put my phone in my purse so, I didn’t want a phone that had the main screen on the outside of the phone. I am not the best with keeping cell phones in ...

• good shape. I knew if I had the screen on the outside, it would get scratched up. The Samsung Alias seemed to be the perfect fit. It does have a screen on the outside that shows the time, etc. The Alias also has a MP3 player. I like the photo part of the phone too. It has a small light with the photo. I just recently discovered that it has a video camera too. I have had fun playing with these features. I also like the
        speaker phone function.

There are a ton more features that I haven’t used yet. For example, it is Blue Tooth compatible. It has Vcast and VZNavigator capabilities. The Alias also has the phone book, calendar, etc. There is a lot this phone can do. I have really enjoyed this phone.

My only complaint would be that the buttons are really small. However, with all that it has on it, if the buttons were bigger the phone would have to be huge. So, I can live with small buttons.

suzie says :

What year was it from?Also what is the avarge cost for this phone?

Marg says :

This came out in 2007. There is no average price because it’s no longer sold as a new phone. The only place to purchase it is used.

mebow replies :

I believe I got it in 2007. I got it through Verizon with my new every 2 contract. I think they list at around 150 with a 2 yr contract and around 100 with the contract and an online discount. I don`t know what others offer it at. I hope this helps.

kat says :

how do i zoom when taking pictures with the phone?

Jules Li says :

You should use the arrows to zoom in and out before taking the picture.

Olivia Walker says :

how much is the alias without a new plan

Jules Li says :

This is a bit difficult to answer because it will depend greatly upon where it’s purchased. Many online websites have it priced at around 40 dollars used. However, it’s priced as high as 150 dollars new.

dylan says :

is the cell phone easyly broken?

dean carter says :

It all depends on how you look towards the build quality of the phone, then it depends on how you handle the phone. But i would advise you get a case for extra protection, better safe than sorry.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371303316770531/k2311a0313/3.13.08