The Number 23 movie  » Movies  »
  • When I first saw previews for the movie, I thought it was going to be another conspiracy theory
  • I found myself almost entranced by this film and, even though I just watched it a couple hours ago, I'm ready to watch it again
  • It's a movie I definitely would recommend

• by Steve

A lot of people don’t like Jim Carrey’s comedy and, when he first hit Hollywood, people didn’t think much of him. However, his movie, The Number 23, shows a range of acting skill that might surprise a lot of people.

Carrey plays an animal control worker who is given a

book for his birthday and becomes obsessed with the author and, more importantly, the number 23 and how it relates to everything from his birthday, to his wedding anniversary and even his address.

When I first saw previews for the movie, I thought it was going to be another conspiracy ...

• theory.

But, it turned out to be a great mystery to; especially when Carrey starts seeking out the author of the book and becomes involved with trying to learn the truth about a murder that took place 13 years earlier.

What makes this movie believable is Carrey’s gradual breakdown throughout.

He goes from normal husband and dad to someone who is paranoid about everything, including the possibility of his wife being the killer.

I found myself almost entranced by this film and, even though I just watched it a couple hours ago, I’m ready to watch it again.

It’s a movie I definitely would recommend.

The Number 23 movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111303316720531/k2311a0313/3.13.08