Tracphone
Iowa
  • After my contract ended with this carrier, I decided that I had had enough and bought myself a tracphone for $25
  • The phone included 60 minutes of air time, which I thought was very reasonable for the phone and the air time
  • The phone that I bought has all the features that my old cell phone had, which pleased me greatly

• by Angie Schilling

I have had a cell phone since I was 16. For the first ten years of my cell phone usage, I went with a well known cell phone company in this area. My bill averaged out to be around $35 a month, which is not bad at all, but I nevered used all my minutes and my plan did not include the rollover plan.

I hated seeing all those minutes wasted a month, when all I really needed was a cell phone to have in case of emergencies.

I could not even use my cell phone in my hometown.

A tower was added about twenty miles from my home, but for some unknown reason, I still did not have reception. After my contract ended with this carrier, I decided that I had had enough and bought myself a tracphone for $25.

The phone included 60 minutes of air time, which I thought was very reasonable for the phone and the air time. Setting up the cell phone was a breeze.

Within a few minutes, my phone ...

• was activated, and all I had to do was charge the phone and then I was in business. The phone that I bought has all the features that my old cell phone had, which pleased me greatly.

The screen says how many minutes you have left and the date that you need to get more minutes by before you loose service. If you buy more minutes by the expiration date, those minutes that you had left roll over and you do not loose them, which is an added bonus.

Tracphone cards can be bought at a variety of stores and convience stores, plus minutes can be bought online or even over the phone for added convience. A personal favorite of mine is that every few months, tracphone calls your landline phone and gives promotional codes for you to use if you buy so many minutes, you get so many free.

How cool is that?

Never again would I go back to having a cell phone that has a contract. Why get roped into something when tracphone is so easy?

Tracphone

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221303316360431/k2311a0313/3.13.08