Movie The good night  » Movies  »
  • To be honest, I thought I had put the wrong DVD in my DVD player and had to check it out
  • I found it very interesting to watch how this film presents the subject of dreams and how it passes from dreams to reality
  • I also must add that all the actors in this film are truly exception but, in my opinion, the actor Danny Devito was simply great in his role as Garry's advisor

• by janet

I must admit that I was confused about the introduction of the film “The Good Night”. To be honest, I thought I had put the wrong DVD in my DVD player and had to check it out. I confirm that “The Good Night” directed by Jack Parlow, brother of Gwyneth, has a particular confusing introduction more related to a documentary rather to a movie.

As for

the rest of the film, I really liked it especially when I got to know more about Garry Shallow, a part interpreted by Martin Freeman, who is an ex-pop star in love with Anna, interpreted by Penelope Cruz, a beautiful woman he only sees in his dreams.

As Garry starts getting more obsessed with his dreams, this in turn effects his life, particularly his married ...

• life with Dora, a role interpreted by Gwyneth Paltrow. The only person that seems to take him seriously is Mel, a part interpreted by Danny Devito.

I found it very interesting to watch how this film presents the subject of dreams and how it passes from dreams to reality. I also must add that all the actors in this film are truly exception but, in my

opinion, the actor Danny Devito was simply great in his role as Garry’s advisor.

An interesting note is that Gwyneth Paltrow has a horrible look in this film. There must have had a team of great make up artists and wardrobe persons to make Paltrow look like a very old maid!

A truly interesting film which it makes you think about what you dream or wish for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111203315580531/k2311a0312/3.12.08