Sirius Satellite Radio  » Media  »
  • Overall, I have to give Sirius Satellite Radio a very strong review and recommend purchasing it highly

• by Vballislife

A couple years ago for Christmas I received a Sirius Satellite Radio for my car. I had wanted it because Howard Stern was moving from terrestrial radio to Sirius Satellite Radio. After requesting the gift just for that purpose I have found that there are many more benefits Sirius Satellite Radio offers, and it is one of my favorite gifts I have received.

The reception for Sirius Satellite Radio is great. There are very few spots I have found with no reception. The only areas I have found that give me issues

are tunnels and when I am under an overpass.

The channel selection is great with Sirius Satellite Radio. They have a channel for every decade from the 60’s through today. I am a child of the hair bands of the 80’s so I have two favorite channels based on that timeframe. They are the 80’s channel and the Hair Band channel. Both are great in that they give you music that is not interrupted by commercials. The 80’s channel even has many of the original MTV Video Jockeys as dj’s.

Another interest of mine ...

• is sports, and the NFL channel is a football fan’s dream. The channel is full of talk shows throughout the day with plenty of information. They even have shows that helped me out a lot with my fantasy football teams the past couple years. One of the great things about the NFL channel is that during training camp they broadcast live from almost every training camp during August.

Of course as I mentioned, the main reason I wanted a Sirius Satellite Radio receiver was for Howard Stern’s channel. Well, he actually

has two now in Howard 100 and Howard 101. His show is broadcast on 100. In the past year he has started doing something brilliant. He now broadcasts that day’s show all day on Howard 100. This way if you miss part of the show in the morning you can catch that part in the evening on your commute home.

Overall, I have to give Sirius Satellite Radio a very strong review and recommend purchasing it highly. Don’t forget, you also can listen to it over the internet free if you have a subscription.

Sirius Satellite Radio

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 391103315170631/k2311a0311/3.11.08