Blood Diamonds  » Movies  »
  • I particularly liked the way Blood Diamonds was filmed and, as a mother of a small kid, I was very much impressed with scenes were kids were ordered to kill their enemies
  • I particularly enjoyed watching this movie because it tackles a relatively new issue which is diamond smuggling and civil war in Sierra Leone
  • I don't think I am the only one to think this, since this film also reduced public demand for diamonds

• by janet

This is by far one of Leonardo di Caprio’s best films along with “The Departed”. I particularly liked the way “Blood Diamonds” was filmed and, as a mother of a small kid, I was very much impressed with scenes were kids were ordered to kill their enemies. I just couldn’t help to stop and think about this cruel reality.

“Blood Diamonds”, as one can assume for the title of the film, focus

on the ‘life of diamonds’, from when they are discovered to when they are sold as jewellery. Leonardo di Caprio interprets the role of Danny Archer, a diamond smuggler in Sierra Leone, who wants to help Solomen Vandy, a part interpreted by Djimon Hounsou, to find his family in exchange of a huge diamond. Archer also enlists the help of journalist Maddy Bowman, a part interpreted by Jennifer Connelly, to accomplish ...

• his mission.

I particularly enjoyed watching this movie because it tackles a relatively new issue which is diamond smuggling and civil war in Sierra Leone. I must admit that we haven’t seen a lot of films coming out from Hollywood with this topic in mind.

The actors in the main parts, di Caprio, Hounsou and Bowman are simply wonderful. It really comes across that they had a lot of chemistry between them. The

director of this film, Edward Zwick is the same director of films such as “The Last Samurai” and “Legends of the Fall”.

One thing is for sure that you can’t watch this film and look at diamonds the same way as we did before. I don’t think I am the only one to think this, since this film also reduced public demand for diamonds.

An exceptional great film, which was also nominated for five Oscars.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111003314220531/k2311a0310/3.10.08