Final Fantasy XII
  • But I decided to give the franchise another try and pick up Final Fantasy XII
  • This was one of the most annoying aspects I found of Final Fantasy prior to this, and this one important change has vastly changed my opinion of the series
  • Just looking at the game is an experience, let alone playing it

• by Simon Alazar

Final Fantasy has never been one of my favorite video game series. I had played Final Fantasy VIII some years ago, never finished it. Played a little bit of Final Fantasy Tactics and thought it was an all right game. But I decided to give the franchise another try and pick up Final Fantasy XII. Boy, was I in for a treat.

One excellent improvement for Final Fantasy

XII over the last game I had played, Final Fantasy VII, is the combat system. While still turn-based it allows for a lot more freedom of movement during the fighting sequences, and everything is a lot more fluid. This was one of the most annoying aspects I found of Final Fantasy prior to this, and this one important change has vastly changed my opinion of the series.

The story itself ...

• is also quite good. The world is immense, you really can get lost in it, and of course it is all beautifully rendered. Just looking at the game is an experience, let alone playing it. It is also incredibly well developed to be at an almost perfect difficulty level: not too difficult but not too easy either, with a lot of surprises thrown in for good measure.

All in all I have to say that this is one of the finest console role playing games I have ever played. It is one of the finest video role playing games I have ever played period, in fact, and I am one who usually shies away from the console RPGs in favor of the computer ones (which are generally better). This is an incredibly game and one well worth playing.

Final Fantasy XII

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28903313790731/k2311a039/3.9.08