Equilibrium (R, 2002) movie  » Movies  »
0.5
  • First of all, the premise of the movie is indeed interesting
  • The problem with this movie is that it starts in the middle with much of the action already in full swing
  • But for the audience to really understand the impact of the new laws, I think the directors should have let the movie unfold a little more slowly

• by Famous

I have been passing over this film in my queue for a couple of years now. I finally decided to give it a chance, and immediately realized what my inner voice had been telling me for quite a while. This movie is crap.

Sorry for the juvenile language. But this film is nothing that the synopsis purports it to be.

First of all, the premise of the movie is indeed interesting. The concept that one could be punished

by death simply for feeling is really intense.

The stars in the this movie also made me think that it could be good. Christian Bale has proven himself a worthy actor time and time again with films such as “American Psycho”, “The Machinist”, and even “Shaft.

” However, something was really lost on him this time: a good plot and storyline. Furthermore, other fairly good actors are added to the mix.

Emily Watson and Taye Diggs are also ...

• along for the ride. I will admit that while seeing Taye Diggs in this movie wasn’t a huge surprise, I was surprised by Emily Watson’s presence.

The problem with this movie is that it “starts in the middle” with much of the action already in full swing. This might work for some films.

But for the audience to really understand the impact of the new laws, I think the directors should have let the movie unfold a little more slowly. Furthermore,

the acting itself is uninvolved and uninspiring.

There is one scene in particular that makes the film seems semi-spectacular: that is the scene in which Christian Bale’s character saves both himself and a puppy that he has just placed in his trunk. The fight sequence for Bale is both slick and awe-inspiring.

Still, I would have liked a more believable build up. At any rate, please skip this movie.

There really isn’t much good I can say about it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11903313770731/k2311a039/3.9.08