Movie Resident Evil: Extinction
  • While I thought it was an OK movie, I think they might have taken the series a bit too far

• by Steve

I sat down to watch the third Resident Evil movie last night; Extinction. While I thought it was an OK movie, I think they might have taken the series a bit too far.

The first thing I really didn’t like about that movie is the fact about half

the main characters from the second film were missing and there was no explanation given.

I can only assume they died.

Secondly, the movie was a bit too far fetched for my tastes.

Sure, the scene with the diseased birds was believable and even kind of cool to watch.

But, when watching Sara and the professor that was trying to hunt her down, I felt like I was watching the X-men movies.

I’m sorry, but regardless of how strong a disease is, I really find it hard to believe it will give you psychic powers or ...

• Movie Resident Evil: Extinction
      the ability to have your fingers stretch into lethal weapons.

And, considering Sara wanted an end to the plague that was killing the Earth as much as anyone, I’m not sure why the Umbrella Corporation didn’t try a truce with her to get her blood rather than hunt

her down.

The movie leaves a lot of things unresolved at the end, which is a bit disturbing because it means they might be planning a fourth film.

I certainly hope that isn’t the case.

Things are going a bit to far in what once was a great movie franchise.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11703312760731/k2311a037/3.7.08