Movie Blast  » Movies  »
  • I ended up watching the movie straight through and it was because I found I liked it
  • He has some jokes in the movie, which I believe was supposed to have been an action/comedy, but pulls of the serious parts really well too
  • It's definitely one I would recommend to people looking for a good action flick mixed with some comedy

• by Steve

When I came across the movie Blast on one of our movie channels the other night, the first thought I had was “I’ve never heard of this before.” My second thought was “Eddie Griffin in a drama? Are you kidding me?”

I originally wasn’t going to watch this movie but there was nothing better on so I gave it a shot; figuring I would check the other channels again in about

a half hour. I ended up watching the movie straight through and it was because I found I liked it.

Griffin was actually quite convincing as a former navy seal and tug boat captain who finds himself on an oil rig fighting terrorists. He has some jokes in the movie, which I believe was supposed to have been an action/comedy, but pulls of the serious parts really well too.

The thing I ...

• liked about this movie is it was actually really unique. The terrorists are trying to pull off a bank robbery, which they intend on covering up by launching a device that will shut down all electronics in nearly all of California. And, the only people capable of stopping them are Griffin and a former hacker who is working as an undercover FBI agent (played by Breckin Meyer). There are some
        great action sequences throughout the movie and plenty of up and down parts where you think the heroes have the upper hand only to be captured again. Even though the script was a little bit weak and some of the stunts were a little far fetched, overall this was a very good movie. It’s definitely one I would recommend to people looking for a good action flick mixed with some comedy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11703312750731/k2311a037/3.7.08