Lord of War Movie  » Movies  »
  • I have always enjoyed his movies so when my husband decided to rent the 2005 movie Lord of War I sat down expecting to enjoy the movie
  • In my opinion there are far better Nicholas Cage movies than Lord of War

• by k lindamood

Nine times out of ten a moving staring Nicholas Cage is a big hit in our household. I have always enjoyed his movies so when my husband decided to rent the 2005 movie Lord of War I sat down expecting to enjoy the movie. Told as a narrative from Cage’s character Yuri Orlav’s perspective this movie has a completely different feel to it than most movies these days. Rather than the dialogue between characters telling the main

parts of the story, Cage’s voice is often heard as a voiceover during the scenes.

Lord Of War tells the story of Orlav’s rise to power as the most prominent gunner runner in the world. Supplying guns and assault rifles to all countries willing to pay his price, Orlav quickly becomes a rich and powerful man in the underground world of gun running. Orlav, along with the occasional help of his younger brother Vitaly, played by Jared ...

• Leto, does not pick favorites in battles and will often times provide weapons for both sides. Orlav’s highly illegal activity takes a toll on his relationship with his parents, his brother, and his wife and small son as he tries to balance his “job” with his other obligations.

This was not my favorite Nicholas Cage movie but it wasn’t my least favorite either. The story was intriguing and well told. The characters had moments of great success

and great failure and dealt with real life issues. Lord of War is not a movie for those with weak stomachs as some of the scenes are very graphic.

In my opinion there are far better Nicholas Cage movies than Lord of War. I will probably add this to my list of movies I will only watch once. It wasn’t a bad movie but it wasn’t worth two hours of my time to watch it again.

Lord of War Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11703312480631/k2311a037/3.7.08