Suvarnabhumi airport Bangkok
Bangkok
  • I had read online that there are day rooms available at the airport operated by Louis Tavern hotel

• by e_surfer_online

I had a chance to visit Malaysia with my family last year. We travelled through Thai Airways and had an overnight stop of about 10 hours at Bangkok’s newly build Suvarnabhumi airport. Tired of the journey and travelling with a one year old had taken its toll and we were in dire need of rest at the airport. Suvarnabhumi airport is pretty huge but hardly has resting places other than those hard benches spread throughout the terminal.

I had read online that there are day rooms available at the airport

operated by Louis Tavern hotel. The concourse C at 2nd floor where we landed is more than 30 minutes of brisk walk (+escalators, elevators) to concourse G where day rooms are located at 4th floor. Luckily we had the baby stroller and luggage with rollers so we could walk easily.

Some observations regarding Louis Tavern dayrooms.

1) We had to ask around a little to exactly locate the day rooms. As concourses are pretty huge, it is difficult to find it on your own even if you have the airport map.

2) ...

• The staff at the reception was good but could be more polite :).

3) We found the rooms very well maintained with attached bath, carpeted floor, internet, double bed, TV etc.

4) We didn’t make any prior reservations for them as mostly rooms are available

5) Charges are hourly. I guess we paid about 100USD (breakfast included) for a double bed room for 6 hours.

6) The 6 hours stay at the hotel didn’t include the breakfast time… so we stayed in our room till the time was over and then

spent an hour more in the cafeteria. The cafeteria was very nice, spacious and had a vast variety of food/snacks.

7) If your family (especially small children) accompanies you, and you have a longer stay, I would recommend day rooms as they give you a chance to rest and freshen up

8) There are hotels outside the airport cheaper than the dayrooms (a walking distance of about 30 mins or more from airport building) but we didn’t have a visa to exit and also it was much convenient staying inside the terminal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 40603311890531/k2311a036/3.6.08