Gone With the Wind  » Books  »
  • The best part about the book is the relationship between Rhett and Scarlet
  • I love how she is so, oh, what's the word
  • I think it's interesting that Margaret Mitchell wrote this novel when she was sick in bed and almost didn't finish it
  • If you read this book and are hungering for more, Kathleen Woodiwiss is an amazing writer and you should check out 'Ashes in the Wind'

• by Lynn

I adore this book. I’ll say it again - I adore this book. I hate the movie but the book I have read several times in my lifetime and I’m only 27 years old lol. It is a really thick book but it is so well worth it. The best part about the book is the relationship between Rhett and Scarlet. I love how she is so, oh, what’s the word…all into money and how she looks and such, like any normal girl her age, and how Rhett still is interested

in her. I love how the book starts with the beginning of the Civil War. There is a lot of history in the book as well.

I love how strong Scarlet is. I mean, she’s selfish, sure, but what would you do if you were losing everything and everyone around you? I love how she makes up her mind to ‘never be hungry again’ and works hard not to be, even if it means marrying men she hates. She probably knew they would die during the war.

I think it’s interesting that ...

• Margaret Mitchell wrote this novel when she was sick in bed and almost didn’t finish it. She only wrote a couple of books; she was bored and wrote it to keep from getting bored. Isn’t that something? She wasn’t wanting to necessarily be an author but won a pulitzer prize by chance, because she wasn’t originally wanting to be an author! And she penned one of the best novels that was ever written.

check out ‘Ashes in the Wind’. It’s set in the same time period as ‘Gone With the Wind’ with very different characters.

Please don’t let the number of pages be the determining factor of wether or not you want to read ‘Gone With the Wind’, just pick it up and read it — do it ! You will get lost in the book and fall in love and read it twice a year like I do, lol. Also ‘Wuthering Heights’ by Charolette Bronte is a great romance novel. Check them all out.

Gone With the Wind

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17603311400431/k2311a036/3.6.08