Alex Whistling Hippos Bath Toys
  • When I first noticed that, it was after a year's use

• by Natasha L. Kohlhoff Polak

I used to work in a children’s toy store and thought this product was adorable. But it was when my daughter received it for her 2nd birthday that I really raved about these hippos.

There are 4 hippos–one pink, one blue, one green, and one yellow, all in pastel hues and wearing multi-colored and patterened bathing suits. Each hippo has a matching life preserver, and

when you submerge the hippo in the water within its life preserver and tap its head, it whistles! A very easy toy, and a great way of introducing colors, patters, numbers, and cause and effect.

My daughter was enthralled with the hippos from the moment I put them in the water for her. She quickly learned how to match the hippos up with their life ...

• preservers, and was able to get them all to whistle on her own. She even counted them with me, and eventually by herself. She’s used them for pretend play, lined them up in a row, and held them upside down in the water and used them as play cups.

There is only one downfall to this toy that can be perceived as a negative, but

still would not hinder me buying it as a gift for someone else; the screws that hold the hippos together turn rust-colored over time. When I first noticed that, it was after a year’s use. The bath water did not get discolored, it was just the screws. We chose to keep using the hippos, and they’re none worse the wear today, over 6 months later.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54603311140431/k2311a036/3.6.08