Adderall vs. Adderall XR  » Medicine  »
  • Some nights, I have trouble sleeping, but not to the extent that I would consider going off the drug

• by BenjN007

My experiences with Adderall and Adderall XR were drasticaly different.

I began the XR (extended release) form two months ago. I would take the 10mg upon waking up. As I went about my day, I would feel a creeping increase in energy and alertness.

By midday, I would feel positive, and ready to work. I would feel a

little bit of a boost in the early evening, as I did my reading. I only felt nauseous once, which did not deter me from continuing the drug.

Last month, I began the generic form of Adderall (amphetamine salts). I would take 20mg in the morning, and 20mg at around 3pm. The increase in energy and ability to concentrate ...

• is much more situational.

I take the drug, and an hour later, I find myself working, reading or writing. I take less breaks. I have more of a determined mindset than I did on the XR.

Some nights, I have trouble sleeping, but not to the extent that I would consider going off the drug.

My

doctor and I have decided to stay with the regular form of Adderall. We also might increase the dosage as my blood pressure has remained normal, and my body weight has remained constant.

I would not go recommending a controlled substance to anyone who has trouble concentrating. But if your doctor prescribes it, I say, give both forms a chance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26603311110431/k2311a036/3.6.08