Fisher-Price Stride-to-Ride Walker  » Baby care  »
  • After I put it together, I decided to keep it set in the ride-on position, so that she wouldn't tip it over onto herself if she pushed it
  • I would recommend any of the walker Stride-to-Ride series from Fisher-Price to anyone

• by Natasha L. Kohlhoff Polak

The Fisher-Price Stride-to-Ride was a great addition to my daughter’s toys. When she received it as a gift before she was walking, I wondered just when she would start using it and if it would really be helpful in learning how to walk. After I put it together, I decided to keep it set in the ride-on position, so that she wouldn’t tip it over onto herself if she pushed it. At that point, she was under a year. But

she loved going up to it to play with the colorful arrangement of built-in toys. There was the spinner that she liked to make move, the antenna she chewed on because it felt good on her gums, and the storage compartment where she could put her blocks. As the ride-on toy, the Stride-to-Ride looked like a big green, blue, and white lady bug of sorts with silly eyes. Ever vocal, she “talked” to the toy, and eventually liked getting on top ...

• of it, intuitively knew to sit in the seat.

It wasn’t that long before my daughter finally started walking. I converted the toy to a walker by raising up the seat and clicking the handle in place. She pushed it with ease, but I felt that it was a little too tall for her (she was very tiny as an infant and early toddler). Sometimes she would fall down.

I’ve found that the toy held her appeal even after she turned

3! As she got older, she used it as a car in the ride-on position. And she still loved using the storage area for her toys. In fact, the other day when I was able to donate it, my daughter spied it in the garage and wanted to play with it!

Overall, the toy was very versatile, sturdy (no parts ever broke off), and was easy to assemble. I would recommend any of the walker Stride-to-Ride series from Fisher-Price to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54503310940331/k2311a035/3.5.08