Panaad Festival in Bacolod CityPhilippines  » Entertainment  »
Panaad Sports Complex, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
  • While I was there, I enjoyed the food mostly
  • Among the food items I bought were sweetened Macapuno balls, puto, piaya, biscocho, uga(smoked fish) from Cadiz, napoleones, galletas de uraro and kwakoy(rice crackers)

• by Thadz

When I was on a business trip to Negros Occidental last April 2006, I had to pass through Bacolod City on my way home back to Cebu City. It was a fortunate thing that my visit coincidentally was in time for the Panaad Festival, an annual celebration and showcase of the towns and cities

that make up the province of Negros Occidental.

During the Panaad Festival, towns and cities from all over Negros Occidental come to the capital city of Bacolod and showcase their towns in pre-assigned booths arranged according to where they are found in the Negros Occidental map.

Usualy, the place is near the Panaad ...

• Sports Complex near the heart of Bacolod City.

Municipalities then decorate their assigned places with miniature replicas of the tourist attractions, historical and heritage sites found in their localities.

The industries from each town is also featured, including uniquely crafted handicrafts and food delicacies.

While I was there, I enjoyed the food mostly.

I

also bought some ballpens with wooden cases.

The sights were also enjoying showcasing Negros Occidental’s wealth of waterfalls, a cave in the town of Calatrava and the Mambukal Mountain resort in Murcia.

Among the food items I bought were sweetened Macapuno balls, puto, piaya, biscocho, uga(smoked fish) from Cadiz, napoleones, galletas de uraro and kwakoy(rice crackers).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59503310400231/k2311a035/3.5.08