Annual Duck Festival Stuttgart Arkansas  » Entertainment  »
Stuttgart, Arkansas
  • I wish I had done so sooner, it is such a friendly town

• by Sharon Flannagan

Next time you’re making travel plans, aim for Stuttgart , Arkansas in November.

Right before Thanksgiving every year we have the largest Duck Festival in the country. Hunters come from far and wide, and vie for cash prizes in the duck calling competition. There is a beauty pageant for the young ladies, and teenagers scream with delight at the side show alley in downtown Main Street.

There

is also a huge chilli cookoff located in the grounds of one of the local rice mills.

Stuttgart is a wonderful place to live. It is just like a country town with a small population of around 12,ooo people, yet there is a huge industry here as it is also the rice growing capital of the world.

Riceland Foods distributes rice worldwide out of Stuttgart, and the local ...

• farmers see bountiful crops each year as the weather conditions are just perfect for such a crop.

We also have wheat and other crops.

For such a small town we do have lots of employment opportunities here also. We have a large Walmart store, Riceland Foods, and Lennox Industries, who manufactures air conditioning units for distribution worldwide.

There are plenty of places to dine out, and of course

we have the regular fast food chains if you’re in a rush.

Livg in Stuttgart is quite inexpensive too, one can rent a 3 bedroom home for around $400 per month, and utilities are a mere drop in the bucket.

I lived in the city for 4 years before relocating tothis wonderful place. I wish I had done so sooner, it is such a friendly town.

Come see us, in Stuttgart, Arkansas.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59503310310231/k2311a035/3.5.08