Walt Disney World Pin Trading  » Other  »
  • Probably one of the best packages to get for pin trading would be one of their packages for about $25.00 where you can get pins with a 'theme', such as Winnie the Pooh, and you get about 6 pins and can trade those with cast members
  • I did this for about a year before I decided to only get my pins off of EBay
  • My suggestion would be to decide what your favorite character or movie is and go with that

• by Lynn

Ok. If you guys have been to Walt Disney World since early 2000, you know by now that pin trading is HUGE. What are Walt Disney Pins? They are basically pieces of metal that are created to look like characters from Disney movies. They can range anywhere from 6.25 for the small ones to over 100 dollars for a collection of framed pins!! Seriously, this is a HUGE deal and people will literally fight for important pins. Probably one of the best packages to get for pin trading would be one of their packages for about $25.00 where you can get pins with a ‘theme’, such as Winnie the Pooh, and you get about 6 pins and can trade those with cast members.

And ONLY trade with cast members; unless you are serious about getting a special pin, it will

not be fun trading with the regular, every day, average Joe, because they will sap the fun out of it; they are out for blood. Seriously. I did this for about a year before I decided to only get my pins off of EBay. And the Cast Members get tired of rude guests butting to the front of the line looking at pins and they generally just put on the crappy pins so they can keep people from butting in line and being rude — because people do get rude. If you ask if they have any special pins though they will usually go back and get a handful. But please be patient and wait your turn in line to look at pins; it really is not fair to other guests who have been waiting in line to butt ...

• in front of them just to do pin trading. How do I know this? I did this as a cast member for about a year and was constantly assulted by guests when I would have my hands full of stock and they would run me down trying to get pins, they wouldn’t even wait.

This was to have started out as a fun hobby for kids and adults, where they could trade with anyone pin to pin, but it has boomed. There are pin trading parties all over Walt Disney World, and it can be vicious. However, if you keep in mind that it is just for fun, you will enjoy pin trading very, very much.

I have hundreds of pins from Walt Disney World; as I ran the pin cart at Contemporary Resort when the pin cart was there

in 2005. My paycheck went mostly towards pins, lol(I was on the College Program). However, I now have pieces of collections that would sell for about $1,000 on EBay and I have met several kind folks from everywhere.

I hope this has helped you readers decide if you want to do Disney Pin Trading, as it is an expensive hobby. My suggestion would be to decide what your favorite character or movie is and go with that…some, for example, Peter Pan pins, can go upwards of $50.00 on EBay because they are hard to find. And EBay collectors are usually very friendly and will get your package to you right on time.

Just Google Disney Pin Trading and you will see what it’s all about. If you love Disney as I do it’s a GREAT hobby to get into…good luck and happy pin hunting!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12503310230231/k2311a035/3.5.08