AUTO SAFETY:WHEN TIRES HAVE SLOW LEAKS  » Cars  »
  • I dashed to the 'shop' where I thought my tire had been fixed

• by covenly1
      I live in a very rural area, and when your tires go flat, and you are totally unaware of how to change a tire, you can be really in trouble! My large van developed a slow leak in one of the tires. One person was sent to take the van to the ’shop’ and to have it fixed for me. Instead of doing this, he simply had the tire filled with air.

Thinking the tire was patched, I didn’t expect a call from 3 people, telling me that my tire was almost flat! (In small areas, we help one another, when possible).

I dashed to the ’shop’ where I thought my tire had been fixed.

It was explained to me that no patch, etc. had been put on it, and the man just filled it up with air, again.

I knew this wouldn’t last for long, so I asked him to find the slow leak for me. He did this, by spraying water on the tire, until bubbles came up, showing where the tire had a small hole.

We marked the spot with chalk. I didn’t have the time, nor the money to get the tire patched, as I was rushing.

I took my ...

• waterproof nail glue and filled the hole! Everyone laughed at such an idea, and I was too busy doing it to care. Had the tire continued to lose the air it was losing, I would have had a flat tire this morning.

My tire looks great!

This is only meant as a safety precaution when you are really in need of a fast fix, of course. But, then, how often do we all need a fast repair job? I do, a lot! I intend to get the tire patched, today, and to make my tire a safer tire to drive upon.

Still,

I am really glad that I had my nail glue in my purse, and that I just stopped and asked myself, “When you have a hole, and no patch, what can you fill the hole with, until you get the chance to do it the proper way?” I am thrilled that it has kept my tire full of air and that I will have time to get the tire patched, today!

This is just a fast fix in an emergency. If your tire is going low, and you can get fast air into it……….

just pull out your water proof finger nail glue and fill up the hole!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9160131020331/k2311a0116/1.16.06