Fisher Price Digital Art Studio  » Other  »
1.0
  • I bought 2 Fisher Price Digital Arts Studios one for my house and one for my grand daughter for Christmas 2007
  • The one I bought for my grand daughter had extended product features and cost 100.00 + shipping
  • Also the touch pad must be pushed forcefully for any of the items you select to activate in the five minutes that it is playable but that is not the main issue with this product
  • I have written Fisher Price about this problem and have not received an answer

• by ewriter

I bought 2 Fisher Price Digital Arts Studios one for my house and one for my grand daughter for Christmas 2007. The one I bought for my grand daughter had extended product features and cost 100 + shipping. The one I bought to keep at my house didn’t have the extended features and it cost 69.

99 + shipping. This could be an awesome educational toy.

However,when you install the software that comes with this paint board, the paintboard will operate for approximately 5 minutes then it begins to freeze and lock up the entire pc,please be aware that I have the latest pc with quad core processor, 4 gigs of ddr2 memory, and

Nvidia high end gamers graphics card. Also the touch pad must be pushed forcefully for any of the items you select to activate in the five minutes that it is playable but that is not the main issue with this product.

What makes me really angry is “Fisher Price knows this is an issue” and offers in the “read me” file a way to get out of the freezes. We have tried the software and board in both Windows xp professional and Windows Vista Ultimate.

We looked online for any software updates at the fisher price site. All we found on the site were forums of complaints about the stalls and freezes and inevitable ...

• un-useability of this very buggy incompatible software.

I have written Fisher Price about this problem and have not received an answer. I then did further research into it being a directx incompatibility issue but this does not explain the problem as directx 9 is installed on Windows xp and the problem still persist.

Also, on the box, it states it is compatible with Windows XP and Vista. What a terrible misrepresentation of a could be good product.

What a shame this is and terrible disappointment to children who would like to use this (COULD BE) awesome little educational tool. The problem is Fisher Price has dropped the ball again and let consumers bare

the brunt of this disfunctional over priced product.

Everyone I have talked to about this since I purchased it has said they have had the same problems but didn’t know what to do about it. We have tried forum searches and suggestions that simply did not work.

If I had known what kind of product this really was and had not read the few reviews that rave about this product, I would not have purchased it. Now I have 2 of these and neither will work for more than 5 minutes at a time.

If your reading this please for God’s sake do not purchase this product. It is a total waste of your money.

Fisher Price Digital Art Studio
    michelle says :

please could you tell me where i can buy the additional software for the art studio in the uk. thankyou

Galega says :

The best thing to buy the software directly from the official website of the developer. You can also get it from Amazon. I would suggest for Manga Studio 5.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12403309760631/k2311a034/3.4.08