2007 Ford Explorer
  • It also has 4 doors which is convenient when you do have people getting in
  • I don't like the look of the seats, but they are relatively comfortable
  • I have noticed that after going through the car wash, the clear coat has a tendency of picking up circular wash marks
  • I have used that car wash forever and have never had that problem
  • I bought a nicer model and the cost was over $30,000 and the quality is less than what I bargained for

• by amandafishy

I have to admit The Explorer has guts which I need for towing. It rides nice but when we have something hitched to it and is towing considerable weight it does not shift quietly. When it up shifts, the engine revs up with a roar and kind of “drops” into gear. I have taken it to the dealership and they said that was completely normal for that truck. It scares me! All I can see is the transmission dieing and me sitting on the side of the highway somewhere.

There is lots of room for seating. It sits almost like a car. You could feasibly fit 6 people or maybe more in the vehicle. It also has 4 doors which is convenient when you do have people getting in. The inside looks are typically Ford. It is

plastic and glossy and cheap. Since way back when, that has been Ford trademark. The seats in the vehicle have a nice color combination but the style looks like what was in my old Barbie doll car. I don’t like the look of the seats, but they are relatively comfortable. There is a lot of road noise in the vehicle. There is a small rattle in the dash that drives me nuts. Took it back to the dealer to see if they could do something about it. They didn’t know where it was coming from. NOT! Rattle is still driving me nuts. I could understand if it was an older vehicle, but it isn’t.

The vehicle is quite large and is good for a large family, but it sure is not good on gas. Get your credit card ...

• out because you are going to need it. It is considered a truck and it sucks gas even worse than a traditional truck. It is a nice looking vehicle and stands out in a crowd. I have the red fire color. I have noticed that after going through the car wash, the clear coat has a tendency of picking up circular wash marks. Another thing I brought to the dealers attention. He blamed it on the car wash. I don’t know. I have used that car wash forever and have never had that problem.

It’s really nice that you can load things in the back of the vehicle. I can easily put groceries, and several boxes of other things back there and still have room to spare. The seats collapse easily and fits correctly. I have used

the fold down back for a table area while camping and it is really handy. Everything is out of the elements unless it is really windy and dirt is blowing around.

We store all our snow and water skies and other parifinalia in the back. Since it is a heavy vehicle, it holds the road very well and is really good on snow.

I don’t like the radio at all. The speakers are always cutting out and the sound is bad. I am tempted in pulling it out and putting something else in. But shouldn’t have to now for what I paid for it. I bought a nicer model and the cost was over $30,000 and the quality is less than what I bargained for. I guess I should have thought about it a little longer than I did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9303309540531/k2311a033/3.3.08